Last Updated: November 11, 2023
Humanify Technologies Pvt Ltd. (“Humanify,” “Company,”, “we”, “us”, “our”) owns and operates a web
browser and mobile platform, hosted on www.humanifytechnologies.com" and available via a mobile
application "Explorastory", (“App”, “Platform” “Explorastory”)
Humanify is a remote research platform that connects Humanify and other companies or businesses
(each a “Researcher”, “you”) to post opportunities for individuals (“Respondent”) to participate in
research projects and surveys (“Projects”).
Your privacy and security is our priority. Please read this Privacy Notice ("Privacy Notice") carefully to
understand how we handle your personal information. Your use of this Platform is subject to you giving
us your consent to collecting, handling and processing your personal data in accordance with this Notice.
In case you wish to explore our Platform, please confirm your acceptance to this Notice by clicking the
button "I have read and agree" prompt when displayed
For a comprehensive understanding on the purpose of collection of data from you, and need for
retaining such information, please read this Privacy Notice in conjunction with the terms and conditions
governing the product / services availed by you.
1. Our Guiding Principles
We will comply with applicable data protection and privacy laws. The data we hold about you is:
- Used lawfully, fairly and in a transparent way;
- Collected only for valid purposes set out in this Privacy Notice, and not used in any way that is
incompatible with those purposes;
- Relevant and limited only to the purposes set out in this Privacy Notice.
- Accurate and kept up to date, based on the updates you provide us;
- Kept only as long as necessary for the purposes set out in this Privacy Notice; and
- Kept securely.
3. What information do we collect?
Below is some information about the categories of information we collect about you:
- Registration information that is required to create an account and/ or login IDs, which includes
data points sch as email, company name and password;
- Project related data such as Project name, screener data, parameters for research, scope of
- Purchasing and transactional data for payments processed via our Platform and/or submitted via
our Platform, including the bank account number, PAN number, credit/debit card number, the
expiration date of the credit/debit card and/or your email and postal addresses for billing and
notification, etc. (“Payment Information”);
- When you initiate a transaction, you authorize Humanify to provide its Payment Information to
third parties so Humanify can complete the payment transaction. You may need to provide
additional information to verify your identity before completing the payment transaction (such
information is included within the definition of Payment Information);
- Information that you submit or input in to our systems through completion of forms, information
about your use of our email and IT systems (including system IDs, device IDs, log on data,
subscription data, IP address, meta data, mobile operating system), log-in data of mobile
applications accessed via the Platform (such as payment portals, bank accounts, credit rating
profiles, etc.), geolocation, preferred language, information obtained through the time,
frequency and duration exploring products, usage information and analytics, and market
- Information that you've provided to us in order to avail a product from the Platform.
6. What do we use your information for?
We will collect, use and store your information for a number of purposes which fall into the
following broad categories:
- Facilitating your access to our Platform;
- Contract fulfillment;
- Connecting you to Respondents;
- Improve our Platform and enhance user experience;
- Contact you via email;
- Customer service and grievance redressal;
- Verifying your identity;
- Transcribe interviews and/or videos;
- Analyze use of the Platform;
- For internal business purposes
- Ensure network and information security, including preventing unauthorised access to our
computer and electronic communications systems and preventing malicious software
- Protect the rights, property or safety of the Company, our employees or other persons;
- Compliance with any procedures, laws, regulations, government directives, court orders, and
statutory body's directives, which apply to us;
- Establishing, exercising or defending our legal rights and preventing fraud
7. Who do we share your information with?
We may share your data with third parties including third party service providers, where we are
lawfully permitted to do so and in relation to the purposes set out under Section 7 above. To the
extent practicable, we obligate third parties to accord your data the level of protection maintained
by us, respect the security of your data, and treat it in accordance with the law. Listed below are the
nature of entities your data is shared with:
- Potential Respondents for a particular Project;Information Technology service providers – To
secure our networks, systems, computer resources, databases, etc.;
- We may use vendors to perform certain services on our behalf, such as hosting the Platform,
designing and/or operating the Platform's features, tracking App or website analytics, and
collecting mobile sensor data. We may provide these vendors with access to certain of your
information to carry out the services they are performing for us.;
- We may disclose your information to third party advertising networks or others in order to tailor
and serve advertisements regarding the Platform to you
- We may access, use, preserve, transfer and disclose your information including disclosure to
third parties: (i) to satisfy any applicable law, regulation, governmental requests or legal process
if in our good faith opinion such is required or permitted by law, including to meet national
security or law enforcement requirements; (ii) to protect and/or defend our agreements with
our Users and our policies, including investigation of potential violations thereof; (iii) to protect
the safety, rights, property or security of the Platform, Humanify or any third party; and/or (iv) to
detect, prevent or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues. Such disclosures may be
carried out without notice to you.
- We may disclose your Information to our parent, subsidiaries and affiliates for internal reasons.
We also reserve the right to disclose and transfer all such Information: (i) to a subsequent owner,
co-owner or operator of the Platform or applicable database; or (ii) in connection with a
corporate merger, consolidation, restructuring, the sale of substantially all of our equity and/or
assets or other corporate change, including, during the course of any due diligence process.
- The Platform may permit you or the Respondents to submit ideas, photographs, videos, writings,
pictures, data, questions, comments, suggestions or other feedback in a forum available to the
public; this information will become publicly available. Humanify is not responsible for the use or
misuse of any such content.
- Any other entities to whom we are instructed to share such information by you;
- Any other entities that request for such information from us, with your prior consent;
- To satisfy any applicable law, regulation, subpoenas, governmental requests or legal process in
11. What Are Our Legal Bases for processing your Information?
Our legal bases for processing your information are as follows:
- In order to enable us to develop our customer relationships, study how customers use our
products and services, develop our business and inform our marketing strategy;
- In order to perform a contract with you;
- In order to comply with certain legal obligations that we may have, such as:
- to protect the rights and safety of our customers;
- to comply with court orders, enforcement actions by regulators or any other legal
- to pursue any remedies available to us or limit damages that we may suffer;
- to respond to requests from public and governmental authorities, including public and
- to comply with any other relevant aspects of applicable laws from time to time,
including applicable laws in all relevant jurisdictions.
12. Your rights
We will comply with applicable data protection and privacy laws. The data we hold about you is:
- You have certain rights in relation to your personal information that we collect about you. In
certain circumstances, you have the right to request that we:
- inform you about the categories of personal information we collect or disclose about
- the categories of sources of such information;
- the business or commercial purpose for collecting your personal information;
- and the categories of third parties with whom we share/disclose personal information.
- In certain circumstances, you have the right to request that we
- provide access to and/or a copy of certain personal information we hold about you.
- restrict or object to certain processing of personal information.
- delete certain personal information we have about you.
- withdraw consent (though such actions may not have retroactive effect).
- update any of your personal information which is out of date or incorrect or incomplete;
- withdraw any personal information which we hold about you
- The exercise of such rights may impact the services availed by you going forward. However,
these would not impact any past services provided to you by us. We will consider all such
requests and provide our response within a reasonable time frame. Please note, however, that
certain personal information may be exempt from such requests to comply with a legal
- To access your information or to exercise any other rights, we may require necessary information
to confirm your identity as a security measure to ensure that your personal information is not
disclosed to any other person who has no right to receive it.
- In addition to the rights above, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the relevant
supervisory authority. However, we encourage you to contact us first, and we will do our very
best to resolve your concern.
17. Grievance Officer
We have appointed a Grievance Officer to address any discrepancies or grievances arising from
compliance with this Privacy Notice. If you have any questions about this Privacy Notice or how we
handle your personal information or wish to exercise your rights, contact the Grievance Officer as set
Address: A55, Nandjyot Industrial Estate, Safed Pool, Saki Naka, Andheri (E), Mumbai 400072,
18. Governing Law
This Privacy Notice is governed by the laws prevailing in India. You may seek a remedy in accordance
with the terms of your contract with Humanify through the courts in Mumbai, Maharashtra, India, who shall have jurisdiction with regard to this Privacy Notice, if you believe your rights have been
19. Changes to our Privacy Notice
Any changes we make to our Privacy Notice in the future will be posted on the Platform and, where
appropriate, notified to you by email. Please check back frequently to see any updates or changes. If
a change requires your consent, we will notify you and obtain your consent for the same. If you
continue to use the Platform after such change is in effect, you will be deemed to have consented to
20. Contact us
If you have any questions about: (a) access to your information; (b) the collection, use, management